Environment Artist - Irrational Games
ENVIRONMENT ARTIST - IRRATIONAL GAMES
Award-winning studio Irrational Games, best known for its BioShock franchise, is seeking an experienced Environment Artist. As an Environment Artist, you are responsible for owning a level from white-box all the way to polish. You must have a strong understanding of first person shooter tactical combat space and be able to implement this into your levels while creating stunning artistic compositions that run well within specific technical requirements.
· Have an understanding and ability to create meaningful combat/tactical space and elevation changes that obey a proper architectural hierarchy.
· Take a level from the initial brief to a compositionally pleasing white-box state complete with design requirements in mind (IE elevation changes, miscellaneous gameplay/narrative beats, tactical/combat space, etc.)
· Work with atmosphere and lighting to enhance mood and create visual depth.
· Work with environment modelers to create the required building sets, props etc. to take a level from white-box to completion.
· Gather reference applicable to your specific level/time period.
· Ability to create compositionally pleasing spaces/moments as the player travels from zone to zone.
· Ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment.
· Collaborate with the Art Director to lead the creation of consistent, high-quality work.
· Meet project deadlines and milestones.
· 3-5 years of experience with UE3 editor
· Ability to work cleanly and efficiently when constructing your level.
· Outstanding communication skills.
· Ability to work within technical constraints and generate top-quality art.
· Clear understanding and implementation of technical guidelines and constraints
· Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments.
This Job is no longer active!