Level Designer - Irrational Games
LEVEL DESIGNER - IRRATIONAL GAMES
Award-winning studio Irrational Games, best known for its BioShock franchise, is looking for talented, experienced game designers to help craft the experience on our current project, BioShock Infinite.
· Work with our design tools to build encounters and narrative scenes.
· Coordinate with artists and programmers to create levels that are second to none in the industry.
· Analyze and critique game designs and levels.
· Work with the team to form a “vision” of your levels and use that vision to inform your design decisions.
· Communicating that vision clearly and concisely to the rest of the team
· Provide a receptive ear so that other team members can provide input on the game design.
· Respond to critical feedback from Leads and Directors in a timely fashion.
· Help us push our development tools further by identifying issues and presenting ideas for solutions.
· Seek out all available information on your area of responsibility (reference films, books, etc.) and be able to respond to spontaneous inquiries on the matter.
· Critique all aspects of the game and offer suggestions on how to improve them.
· Be familiar with the current state of game design across a wide range of genres on both PC and console.
· Constantly look for opportunities to improve and expand your skillset.
· Become an expert in our toolset.
· Seize opportunities to assist others and help elevate the project.
· Minimum of 1-2 shipped AAA game titles.
· 3+ years of experience creating first-person levels using Unreal, Quake, Half-Life or similar technologies for commercial titles (this must be demonstrated through actual levels created for these engines).
· Interest in and understanding of architecture, lighting, texturing and other elements that are required to create aesthetically pleasing 3D levels.
· Familiar with BioShock and other 2K Boston/Irrational products and be able to speak critically about them.
· Understanding of contemporary 3D first-person engine technologies and editing tools.
· Understanding of and desire to create first-person shooter gameplay.
· High degree of creativity, enthusiasm and passion.
· Ability to use basic programming or scripting tools.
· Ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· Good communication skills.
This Job is no longer active!