- Worked on or shipped at least one AAA Xbox 360/PS3/PC game.
- Passion for leveraging advanced animation technology to create believable characters.
- Worked with animators and designers to create behavior for the player or AI characters.
- Experience with debugging Animation problems from 3DS Max/Maya/Motionbuilder source to intermediate format to ingame.
- Experience with 3DS Max/Maya/Motionbuilder or similar DCCs.
- Experience with the Unreal Animation System or other animation blend tree systems and extending such systems.
- Experience with AI locomotion systems.
- Strong math skills.
One or more of these would be ideal:
- Experience with developing the connection between animation and physics.
- Experience with IK solutions.
- Experience with facial animations.
- Experience with multithreaded/SPU programming.
- Experience with optimizing animation performance.
- Experience working with asset pipelines and tools.
- Previous experience with third person action games.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2+ years of programming experience in a creative environment.
- Experience developing FPS or RPG titles
- Technical experience developing for the PC, PS3, and/or XBOX360.
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in collaborating with other non-technical disciplines.
- Expertise in appropriate programming languages (e.g. C, C++, etc.).
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.