Gameplay Programmer - 2K Marin
Gameplay Programmer - 2K Marin
Got what it takes to produce a cutting-edge AAA title? Be part of our passionate team and strive for excellence.
2K Marin seeks the talents of a seasoned and passionate programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to work with like minded professionals to create a truly amazing game.
SUMMARY: Develop, write, implement, and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features.
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns.
- Generate system documentation and test cases for assigned systems.
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Adhere to the project’s coding standards.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2+ years of programming experience in a creative environment.
- Experience developing FPS or RPG titles
- Technical experience developing for the PC, PS3, and/or XBOX360.
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in collaborating with other non-technical disciplines.
- Expertise in appropriate programming languages (e.g. C, C++, etc.).
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
ABOUT 2K GAMES
2K Games develops and publishes top-line PC, console, and handheld entertainment software with a strong concentration in three distinct categories: sports, high profile licenses and specialty product. Some of the hit titles in 2K's lineup include the critically-praised Bioshock, Sid Meier’s Civilization IV, and The Darkness.
At 2K Games our goal is simple: Make games that are the best in the genre and have fun doing it. 2K Games is proudly developing a series of critically acclaimed games. Owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), 2K Games is a successful, stable company that produces high-quality titles every year.
So what does 2K have to offer? How about generous salaries, full medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and a fun work environment. 2K Games believes everyone plays a significant role in the development process, meaning all team members contribute their ideas and are important to the success of the game. 2K Games is located in beautiful Novato, California, near mountain bike trails and beaches, about 25 minutes north of San Francisco. That's right - you can make great games, be active outdoors and soak up culture in one of the world’s most beautiful cities all at the same time!
Join our team today!
This Job is no longer active!