Sr. Lighting Artist
Senior Lighting Artist
CCP is looking for a talented senior artist to light our environments and characters for the World of Darkness. The ultimate candidate is an artistic and technically competent person with a passion for lighting and a thorough understanding of traditional lighting concepts, color, and composition as well as the restrictions and opportunities that comes with lighting game environments.
Using both in-house tools and existing middleware, the Senior Lighter will help define and refine the lighting pipeline needed to create some of the most graphically stunning lighting scenarios ever attempted in a video game.
- Delivering top of the class lighting for an exciting and groundbreaking project
- Translating intense mood and atmosphere from concept art to in-game environments
- Work with the Art Director to establish and achieve the desired lighting for the game
- Work with the district teams to establish lighting that enhances gameplay
- Collaborate closely with the tech artists and the rendering engineers to provide feedback on and improve the lighting technology, tools, and workflows
- Working with color grading and other post process effects to achieve a game with a rich atmosphere, tone and depth
- Collaborate with VFX, surfacing and materials, and the art teams to achieve the highest quality lighting across the entire game
- Shipped and worked full cycle on at least one AAA console game.
- 3+ years of experience as a lighting artist for games or films
- Strong understanding of digital lighting, color theory, good sense of light and shadow
- Detailed technical knowledge of game lighting and material pipeline concepts
- Experience with content creation in software packages like Maya and Photoshop
- Excellent technical and artistic problem solving skills
- Formidable leadership skills, creative vision, and passion for games
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively with others
- Working knowledge of benefits and challenges in deferred renderer lighting
- Previous production knowledge and experience with Enlighten a huge plus
SPECIAL NOTE: All candidates are required to send a resume AND a portfolio with their application (website link, digital files, prints, samples, etc.). Please post that information in the "Other Info" field when applying. Applications without portfolio or samples will not be processed.
This Job is no longer active!