This position provides the highest level of technical support for Autodesk Customers, and requires a detailed understanding of Autodesk M&E products, with a focus on Autodesk® Maya® and 3ds Max®.
A Specialist's primary responsibility is to provide technical support to external customers and internal staff. A Product Support Specialist works with our most advanced 2D and 3D products, resolves technical issues and documents these and solutions in our knowledgebase, and reports product enhancements to our Product Development teams. As Support Specialist, you may be assigned special projects including: new products features and documentation review, creating and delivering trainings, product demos, and presenting at technical forums.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Title: Product Support Specialist Media & Entertainment /12WD11944
Location: Venice Beach, CA
Premium Services - responsibilities:
Work with Premium Customers at the following tasks:
• Onsite support to help with installations, modernizations, and other issues.
• Critical period support to cover upgrades and installations occurring outside office hours.
• Regular status reports to keep Customers informed and firmly in control of next steps and future actions.
• Priority handling for escalated critical issues with Customer Support.
Internal Services - responsibilities:
• Technical escalations: provide escalation assistance to internal teams for complex products.
• Product Line Group relationship: Ensure correct prioritization, visibility and resolution of technical escalations.
• Readiness and Training: provide readiness training to internal Teams. Ensure stakeholders are ready to use or support new products and releases and have the information and training needed in time.
• Document problem resolutions in the database tools.
• Provide guidance to team members researching technical issues.
• Research, verify, and generate detailed defect reports and wish list requests.
• Work with development, testing and documentation teams during product development cycle to ensure quality control.
• Attend trade shows, perform customer visits or give product demonstrations.
• Work with a Manager to develop a personalized employee development plan that includes training and project assignments that enhance product knowledge and general business skills.
• Develop training plans and mentor new product support team members as well as key customers
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Industrial Design, Computer Science, or related field.
• Experience troubleshooting software and hardware problems.
• Fluency in English. Any other language skill (French, Italian, Spanish, German or Russian) is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of Autodesk® Maya® and 3ds Max® and as well as OTHER AUTODESK M&E ® products.
• Strong experience with MEL scripting and Python scripting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey complex technical details coherently.
• Strong customer service skills including phone etiquette and conflict resolution.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Ability to present technical information to a live or virtual audience.
• Must be decisive, self-motivated and proactive, possessing strong desire to learn.
• Excellent Team player enjoying supporting and interacting with other members of a shared responsibility team.
• Ability set priorities of various assignments and complete them within allocated deadlines with little or no supervision.