The Production Technology Department at LAIKA builds tools and
systems that are used daily across all the departments that work on our
groundbreaking stop motion animated films. The diversity of the crafts
and disciplines involved, and the enormous volume of data, images and
objects that are created in the making of these films, demand that our
software solutions be sophisticated and robust. We are seeking a
Pipeline Supervisor with experience on animated feature films to join
our team and oversee the development and integration of these tools into
an overall production pipeline.
The Pipeline Supervisor works with our team of TD’s and software
developers to design solutions for a wide variety of production
departments from story development through VFX. Delivering pragmatic,
efficient systems while making sure the underlying logic and data
structures are robust, nimble and sustainable.
Critical to success in this role is an aptitude for working with
technical and non-technical end users to understand their workflows and
pain points and having the technical capacity to contribute directly to
the development and support of the production technology toolset.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with production department leads and supervisors to design technical solutions to complex production problems.
- Breakdown pipeline development projects into development tasks and assign them to the team of TD’s and Developers.
- Supervise the pipeline development, providing leadership on architecture and methods.
- Ensure the scalability and reliability of production technology toolsets.
- Design and build applications and pipeline tools where appropriate.
- Initiate research and development, implement 3rd party solutions when available, and design and build prototypes for larger systems and applications.
- Work with IT to plan the infrastructure, operating systems, release
mechanisms and revisions controls to support production technology
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education/or experience.
- 3+ years experience supervising a team of developers and working directly with production department leads and supervisors.
- 5+ years experience in applied software development or engineering
experience in a feature animation or VFX industrial setting with C++,
Python, QT, OpenGL.
- Experience planning large projects and forecasting studio resource needs such as disk/rendering/software licensing.
- Knowledge of, and development experience with, production asset and task databases - Shotgun Software experience.
- Experience with Web development, Django/wsgi and ExtJS.
- Experience developing plugins or pipeline for major VFX and digital content packages; Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Adobe Suite, Katana.
- Experience supporting Avid based feature film editorial departments, knowledge of AAF/MXF formats.
- Experience developing for iOS, and Mac OS platforms.
- Experience with virtual cinematography and realtime visualization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
This Job is no longer active!