LAIKA/House is currently qualifying and adding candidates to
our database of freelance talent for pending and future projects.
Freelance work can vary from one day to several months depending on the
A modeler creates character, prop and set models that support the artistic goals and story concepts of the production.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain 3D models for use in production.
- Work with art direction to help realize the aesthetic vision of the production.
- Work to ensure all deliverables meet the needs of all receiving departments.
- Help develop new tools and techniques to improve the modeling process.
- Meet deadlines as established by Production Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Commercial Arts, Computer Science,
Animation or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job
- 3+ years of Feature Film or relevant industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects).
- An understanding and experience in the creation and use of geometry assets, in a production setting
- Demonstrated ability using Maya for the creation of both hard surface and organic models
- Knowledge of polygonal, Nurb and subdivision surface types
- Ability to mentor less experienced team members, if needed
- Life drawing and sculpting experience, a plus
- Experience with Polygonal
- Experience with Nurbs a plus.
- Experience with ZBrush, MODO, Mudbox, Lightwave, Photoshop 3D Studio Max, Softimage and/or Houdini a plus
- Familiarity with scripting.in Python, MEL or HScript a plus.
Demo reel submission required. Please provide a link or send reel to:
Recruiting at LAIKA, Inc.,
22990 NW Bennett
Hillsboro, OR 97124
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This Job is no longer active!