A CG Modeler creates characters, props and set models that support the artistic goals and story concepts of the production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and maintain 3D models for use in a stop motion production.
- Build replacement face registration, blend shapes and mechanically functioning models for 3D printing.
- Work with RP leadership and Art Director to realize the aesthetic vision of the production.
- Ensure all deliverables meet the needs of all receiving departments.
- Meet deadlines as established by RP leadership and Production Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Commercial Arts, Engineering,
Computer Science, Animation or other relevant area of study and/or
equivalent job experience.
- 3+ years of feature film or relevant industry experience (cg and/or Visual Effects).
- Demonstrated ability using Maya for the creation of both hard surface and organic models.
- An understanding and experience in the creation and use of geometry assets in a production setting.
- Experience with 3D printers and mechanical engineering a plus.
- Knowledge of polygonal and subdivision surface types.
- Life drawing and sculpting experience, a plus.
- Polygonal experience, a plus.
- ZBrush, Photoshop, Illustrator, Inventor, TogoGun and/or Softimage experience, a plus.
- Familiarity with scripting in Python, MEL, HScript, Linux or Cshell scripting, and Zscrip, a plus.
*Applications without relevant samples/portfolios/reels will not be considered*
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
This Job is no longer active!