Senior Technical Artist
Pogo is building a brand new gaming studio in Austin, Texas: Pogo
Adventures! This studio will be responsible for Pogo's upcoming suite of
next generation casual games.
We're looking for an exceptional Senior Technical Artist.
Pogo Adventures is in the process of transitioning its world-class
intellectual property to tablets, and we're searching for an experienced
individual who has shipped successful social/mobile and tablet
products. We require a seasoned Technical Artist who understands all
facets of game art creation. We need a Technical Artist who understands
the unique challenges of designing innovative and stunning 3D art for
mobile platforms while adding value to our objectives.
as the primary link between engineering, design and art to solve
integration, performance, and functionality problems as they arise.
- Work closely with the art director and creative team to develop concepts, prototypes, animatics and production ready content.
develop and document pipelines for asset production across all art
disciplines as well as provide excellent and clear and timely
communication of solutions.
- Help create tools and scripts that
reduce repetitive tasks for artists as well as expedite exporting of
assets from Maya to Unity. Provide guidance to the art team as required
to ensure proper asset creation and integration.
- Responsible for maintaining and creating naming conventions, art repository, tools, and scripts for the art team.
- Work closely with satellite offices and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- BS degree in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience and outstanding portfolio
years of game art creation in a production environment, including
technical art creation using tools such as Maya, Max, Zbrush, Mudbox,
Photoshop, or similar.
- Expert and deep knowledge of all facets
of game art creation. Must understand and have experience in 3D asset
creation for mobile platforms.
- Mastery in NextGen art creation
to include CGshader development, Animation and Rigging, VFX, Modeling,
Texturing, and Baked/Dynamic Lighting.
- Must understand the importance of gameplay and user experience in a social/mobile space.
be able to quickly identify needed improvements to existing pipelines,
performance, and tools and provide effective and accurate solutions.
- Must have experience with outsourcing and high volume art production techniques.
have an understanding of immersive game design for mobile games.
Understanding of the differences in technology and user experience
between mobile, console, and web games.
- Must have Unity3D experience.
- Passion for great consumer experiences with proven ability to deliver
to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles in an agile
fashion, balancing out short term needs and long term vision
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations a highly dynamic environment
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Experience working with multiple teams across multiple locations
- Passion for interactive entertainment a big plus
to the volume of applications we receive for our job postings, we are
unable to respond personally to phone or email inquiries regarding the
status of an application. Only candidates being considered for an
interview will be contacted at this time.
This Job is no longer active!