Senior Character Technical Director
The Character TD's primary responsibility is to develop highly
efficient and versatile character and prop rigging systems and animation user
interfaces for use in TV and feature animation productions.
- Work with the VFX Supervisor, Director and Animation
Leads to define and create effective and high quality character rigs and
interfaces for animation.
- Work with the VFX Supervisor and Production Technology
team to integrate rigging systems along with mocap and animation data
seamlessly and effectively within overall pipeline.
- Oversees characters, vehicles and props rigging through
the animation pipeline.
- Develop efficient Character FX and Character Finaling
solutions for shot production.
- Work with Modeling and Surfacing teams to help define
best model practices.
- Additional responsibilities may include facial target
modeling and other organic and non-organic modeling tasks.
- Work with the Production Technology team to develop
production tools and optimized workflows.
- Troubleshoot complex animation production issues.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity
while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Effectively deliver quality rigged assets meeting tight
- 5+ years previous production experience.
- Exceptional artistic and technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in collaborative environments and
- Solid understanding of the principles of animation.
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy, kinematics and physical
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Solid understanding of Python and Mel scripting.
- Experience with Character FX (Cloth and Hair) production.
This Job is no longer active!