Lead Gameplay Designer
The BioWare Label is a division of EA which crafts high quality
multiplatform role-playing, MMO and strategy games, focused on
emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and
vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the
world's most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including
Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old
Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. BioWare currently
operates in eight locations across the world, including Edmonton
(Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and Austin (Texas).
BioWare’s games have continually achieved critical and commercial success. All of our published titles are highly rated at www.gamerankings.com;
in fact we have 6 games in the top 1% highest rated games of all time!
Today BioWare has over 800 staff at its locations and continues to grow.
In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global
interactive entertainment publisher. In 2011 EA created the BioWare
Label, alongside EA Games, EA SPORTS and EA Play. For more information
on BioWare, visit www.bioware.com, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bioware. To join the millions of fans already registered with the BioWare community, go to http://social.bioware.com.
- Manage a team of gameplay designers day to day and long term at each
stage of development - from concept and prototype to full production to
final, providing direction, mentoring and guidance.
- Develop and implement advanced features and gameplay systems that
provide new gaming experiences, improve the content and enhance the
functionality of the game
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders to identify and implement the priorities and objectives of the team
- Be proactive in communicating progress and resolution of problems
- 6 + years of experience as a game designer, with at least 2 years as
lead gameplay designer and experience working on AAA titles.
-Thorough understanding of scripting and programming concepts with the ability to implement.
- Experience managing a team of designers through a full production.
- Excellent knowledge of RPGs, current technology and tools, design concepts and game balancing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members from different locations and different disciplines.
- Ability to critique the concepts of play in a group environment
-Willingness to adapt and iterate designs.
- A passion for gaming.
This Job is no longer active!