Video Game Animation Director
Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is currently seeking a Video Game Animation Director.
Gameloft creates video games for smartphones, mobile phones and tablets, as well as for new digital platforms such as set-top boxes and HTML5 browsers. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Animation Director will manage and coordinate the animation team.
• Assign animation projects to animators, and supervise and evaluate their work
• Manage the animation team throughout various projects
• Ensure animations are of the highest quality
• Train animators
• Establish an animation project schedule and ensure it is followed
• Assist the Artistic Director in the hiring process (by evaluating applicant tests, for example)
• Able to manage a team and demonstrate leadership qualities
• Expert knowledge of the technical limitations of cinematics and animation production
• Excellent communication skills and analysis methodology
• Excellent grasp of animation techniques (KeyFrame, MoCap)
• Excellent grasp of 3ds Max (Character Studio in particular);
• Knowledge of Motion Builder
• Excellent knowledge of fundamental animation principles (posing and timing)
• Solid experience in video game animation
• Experience with cinematics
• Passionate about video games and animation
• General knowledge of current media (web, games, graphic novels, film, animation, etc.)
• Open-minded and curious
• Able to evaluate your own work
• Organized, efficient and independent
• Able to work under pressure
In order for us to consider your application, we will need your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.). Please indicate the address of your website and your portfolio, if you have one.
This Job is no longer active!