As a Human Resources Specialist, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the HR/Recruiting functions and oversee the facility administration for Bron Animation. You have a genuine interest in Human Resources and in fostering a positive, creative and collaborative work environment.
• Drive all HR functions and programs
• Actively participate and administer employment offers and contracts, orientations, terminations, immigration and relocation, employee relations, management coaching, legal compliance, performance management, compensation, benefits administration, renewals and enhancements, social committee/morale initiatives, Health & Safety adherence and training & development initiatives.
• Actively participate in leadership meetings and the development and execution of HR strategies.
• Manage, deliver and execute company-wide initiatives such as job families, annual review process, compensation strategies and employee surveys.
• Work with managers and employees to provide advice, problem solve and counsel on sensitive and non-routine employee relations and performance issues.
• Develop, implement and maintain company policies and procedures as required and ensure legal compliance.
• Tracking and maintaining employee time off and personnel records.
• Recruiting responsibilities include setting up interviews, job postings, prescreening and reference checking, tracking applicants through the recruitment process, hosting interviews and assisting in the creation and maintenance of Job Descriptions.
• Prepare and manage the HR and Facilities budgets for the Animation department.
• Oversee facilities administration for the Animation department.
• 3+ years in Senior Generalist role supporting supporting a mid-size employee base of 40 -100 at an animation / visual effects / film or gaming company
• A degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or relevant discipline combined with experience.
• Recruiting Experience.
• Expert knowledge and understanding of employment legislation, including Employment Standards in British Columbia and Human Rights Legislation.
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel and the ability to grasp new technologies quickly.
• Ability to think "outside the box" to create and explore new opportunities.
• Detailed oriented with strong organizational, administrative and customer service skills.
• Superior interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Comfortable and experienced in presenting and deal effectively with employees, contractors, and executives at all levels.
• Proven ability to build rapport and maintain a high level of confidence, trust and integrity within the organization.
• Demonstrated passion and genuine interest in Human Resources in a creative environment.
• Ability to plan projects, research methods, gain organizational buy-in and implement solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
• A good sense of humour, flexible, empathetic personality and "Can-do" attitude.
• Some experience managing office facilities and administration a plus.
• Experience with a start-up company and building HR/Admin infrastructures is an asset.
This Job is no longer active!