Video Games Programmer
Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are omnipresent? You’ve found the right place!
Following the development of many successful titles on iPhone such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, Gangstar and Asphalt franchises, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking a Video Games Programmer to collaborate on its next generation of iPhone, iPad and Android games.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Programming in the relevant languages (C/C++)
• Programming all the various game modules (artificial intelligence, sound library, display);
• Programming the tools required by other developers;
• Collaborating closely with the game designer as well as the graphics teams to determine various game constraints and establish each element.
• Essential: C/C++
• Asset: Experience with iPhone, Wii, PS3, Xbox Live Arcade, PSP or DS.
• Essential: University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science;
• Essential: 2 years of experience;
• Essential: Fluent in French and English;
• Essential: Knowledge of 3D programming (OpenGL);
• Important: Organized, self-reliant and a team player;
• Asset: Experience in the video game industry.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure;
• Ability to meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to optimize code size and speed to maximize the technological capacities of each device;
• Ability to program in a methodical and structured manner;
• High interest in video games and in-depth knowledge of gaming culture;
• Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
• Join one of the most exciting sectors today and collaborate on projects with partners and clients that include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, Marvel and others
• Experience an exceptional, dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people
• Work in an open working climate with dynamic teams from around the world where you can communicate with colleagues from other countries and cultures on a daily basis
• Enjoy excellent local working conditions and benefits (high-quality office space, group insurance, discount with different companies, etc.)
• Flexible hours, paid personal days, and 3 weeks of vacation for a better work/life balance
This Job is no longer active!