DTAM-iacc (www.detaoma.com/iacc) is currently seeking talented teaching assistants (4 to 6) to
support the activity of the studio while contributing their skills and
creativity to the processes of learning and production. The position will
report directly to the Studio Supervisor and indirectly to the Director of
iacc. Each Teaching Assistant must have a solid working knowledge of the full
production animation process with excellent skills in either 3D animation using
Autodesk Maya or 2D animation using Toon Boom Harmony or similar product.
The Teaching Assistant must be well organized, passionate and
well informed about animation and storytelling, have excellent communications
and mentoring skills and have a strong portfolio of personal character
animation production. Preference will be given to applicants who have
demonstrated technical ability, enthusiasm, initiative and creativity and can
demonstrate good command of the English language in addition to basic Mandarin.
• Assist and support the iacc Masters and the studio supervisor with
the overall operation of the studio and the delivery of its training programs.
• Attend and participate in the instruction, workshop and critique
components of the studio’s instructional program.
• Work under the direct guidance of the studio supervisor to provide
individual and small group assistance and mentorship to the apprentices in
achieving their course and project objectives.
• Maintain the studio workstation’s hardware to ensure it’s optimal
performance, troubleshoot technical problems with the use of the hardware,
software and interface to the digital infrastructure, and maintain the
audio-visual and video conferencing systems in the studio.
• Under the direction of the masters and studio supervisor, provide
regular mentorship and encouragement to apprentices and provide feedback to the
studio supervisor on their progress.
• Participate in professional development activities as well as
develop and maintain a personal show reel that demonstrates ongoing independent
• Contribute to regular studio department meetings with proactive
suggestions and ideas for improving the training systems and quality of
This Job is no longer active!