SENIOR UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
SENIOR UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR #1613739
As part of the Administration Team, the resource will be responsible for all aspects of supporting, maintaining the Linux servers in a 24x7 compute farm environment. Must have experience supporting and managing large numbers of servers including hardware and software troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to practice good judgment in dealing with unforeseen issues that may arise.
- Willingness to take on any task and drive it to completion.
- Participate in 24 x 7 on call support.
- 5 to 7 years of overall Unix/Linux experience.
- 2 year experience in scripting including Perl and Shell scripting. Perl scripting is highly desirable.
- Network Monitoring experience such as Netsaint/Nagios, HP Openview, and SNMP
- Kernel.org kernel configuration/optimization experience on physical and virtual machines
- Experience with Linux benchmarking techniques for all hardware components
- VMware ESX/Player or KVM experience on Linux
- Experience with NIS and Automounter
- Knowledgeable in database such as PostgresSQL,Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Experience with Platform LSF, Sun Grid, or any other batch queuing system
- Experience with network based OS installation (kickstart, jumpstart, systemimager)
- Experience with Linux VMs in VMware vSphere 4.0
- RHEL/Centos optimization
This Job is no longer active!