Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is one of North America’s largest privately owned animation studios, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war.
About the position
As the pipeline technical director you help maintain, research, develop and guide the way our animation pipeline works. This is an ideal opportunity for a savvy developer with good knowledge of the animation pipeline.
- Work with the pipeline supervisor to understand production needs
- Research new techniques to meet those needs
- Design and develop new tools to fit and improve our pipeline
- Maintain, debug and update existing tools
- Support artists during production
- Educate artists on how to work with the pipeline
- Create and update documentation explaining the different processes and tools
- 2-3+ years of experience in the animation or film industry
- Working knowledge of Maya and Nuke is required
- Experience with coding in Linux and Windows environment is required
- Experience scripting with Python is required
- Solid understanding of the animation production process, including modeling, texturing, animation, rendering, compositing and FX creation
- Good working knowledge of databases such as MySQL
- Able to write clean and maintainable code
- Good communication skills, organization and team awareness
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of C/C++ or other object-oriented programming language is a plus
- Knowledge of Subversion, CVS, Git or other revision control system
- Experience working with the render farm is a plus
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or related discipline is an asset
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
This Job is no longer active!