3D / Fixturing Production Manager
Located in Miami, FL or Mexico
The 3D Production role within Apple’s Graphic Design group provides purchasing expertise and strong project management skills to maintain quality, schedules and budgets for various fixturing and print projects. The range of work includes visual merchandising materials, furniture, displays and 2-D merchandising materials for Apple’s international and domestic retail partners.
Candidate must have substantial experience with a wide range of fixturing substrates, specifically wood, acrylic, and metal, paper, vynil, as well as extensive experience overseeing on-site installations.
Additional responsibilities include:
• partnering from concept to delivery with 3D Producers and 3D Designers to plan for and manage fixturing projects.
• overseeing the manufacturing of 3D materials and ensuring that the execution matches Apple’s pre-approved standards.
• scheduling, maintaining deadlines, and communicating any obstacles that would prevent delivering and installing fixtures on schedule.
• initiating purchase order requests for newly approved projects; adhering to production budgets and alerting 3D Producer of changes.
• overseeing installation process at various non-Apple retail locations around the world.
• sending photo-documentation and written summaries of installations back to Apple.
• establishing direct relationships with key international suppliers and negotiating best quality and value; researching vendors, new processes, substrates, and manufacturing techniques in order to achieve maximum value and innovation.
• working closely with 3D Design and Sales partners to ensure installations are carried out according to spec.
. Also overseeing quality and vendor certification of 2-D material vendors.
• reviewing and approving final supplier invoices
Requires BA or BS degree and 7 years minimum of retail fixturing experience in an agency or in-house corporate graphic design department. Must possess a strong eye for construction details and be proactive, highly organized, comfortable under pressure, and able to work effectively as both a team member and quality control manager on-site. Candidate must also be willing to travel internationally and domestically for periods of up to 10 days at a time. Experience approving color for offset printed and digitally imaged graphics is a plus.
Fluent in Spanish. Portuguese a plus.
This Job is no longer active!