Senior Concept Artist
Senior Concept Artist
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Concept Artist for our latest Sid Meier’s project. As the Senior Concept Artist, you will be working closely with the Project Art Director, Designer, and art team to create high quality assets that help define the look and feel of the game world. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp on lighting and color, as well as an excellent working knowledge of our tool-set (listed below).
* Work closely with the Art Director and Designers to assist in the visualization of designs in the form of traditional and/or digital 2D drawings and color studies.
* Contribute to the pre-visualization process as a visual problem-solver, actively participating in creative discussions and reviews with team members of many disciplines.
* Create visualizations of designs, the play experience and assets.
* Provide design sketches, detailed concept drawings and designs for architectural as well as natural (organic) environments, characters and objects to be built by 3D artists.
* Render detailed scenic/environmental drawings and/or digital paintings in 2D, sometimes based on primitive 3D geometry provided by designers and artists.
* Maintain consistency of the appropriate style across a project, under the direction of the Art Director.
* Give appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and/or product in a collaborative environment, and proactively seek feedback from peers and leads.
* Be a positive and creative force in the team.
* Accurately estimate time and resource needs and consistently meet project deadlines and milestones set by project leads.
* Be organized, self-motivated and able to identify and meet goals.
* Have and continue to develop strong technical understanding of digital tools and current workflows.
* 5+ years of experience in creative development using 2D programs, with multiple shipped products.
* Please submit portfolio with resume.
* Excellent traditional drawing and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to a wide and diverse range of artistic and design styles. The ability to think and work in 3D is a plus.
* Demonstrated experience with visual development process; including thumbnails, rough sketches, iterations and refinements through to the final version.
* Demonstrate mastery of fundamental illustration skills including form, composition, perspective, value and color theory.
* Firm grasp of using color and lighting techniques to create mood, definition, atmosphere and depth.
* Examples of human and animal anatomy, showing varied character types, clothing etc.
* Examples of design and rendering of both architectural and organic spaces, interior and exterior environments.
High-end digital illustration skills with an advanced level of using Photoshop and/or Painter.
This Job is no longer active!