Spark is looking for an experienced Lead Animator to join us in making a breakout hit based on an established console franchise. This is an opportunity for you to have a hand in creating a bold new take on 3rd Person Action/Horror. You must own the quality and goals of the animation department and lead the group to accomplish their goals. You must be an outstanding animator with thorough knowledge of classical animation principles and animation pipelines, possessing strong leadership skills, production-sensibilities, and the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work. If you possess the skills, personality and leadership abilities to lead a team of bad-asses to take over the industry, we may have a job for you.
• Work closely with the Game and Art Director to develop animation goals and assets that fulfill the requirements of the project’s game and visual design.
• Work with all departments on the scheduling and integration of the animation assets. Lead the integration of animation with designers and engineers to create compelling in-game animation.
• Create high-quality character animation at a quality bar suitable for next-generation console development.
• Lead the department on accomplishing the style, look and feel of the animation for key characters.
• Drive the department to consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
• Lead a group of animators to create compelling and consistent performances for all major characters and utilizes both hand and mo-cap animation techniques to create animation of primary and secondary characters.
• Work collaboratively with all levels of the development team, including active participation in Spark’s agile-development process. Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility.
• Lead Animator experience on current generation product required. Previous animation experience on a shipped next generation console project preferred.
• Demonstrated professional character animation experience in the entertainment industry, showing command of weight, timing and posing through key-framing.
• 4-5 years professional character animation experience on multiple projects. Proven industry experience, including shipped game projects strongly preferred.
• Thorough understanding of Autodesk Maya.
• Strong understanding of classic animation principles and fundamentals (staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, squash and stretch), as well as the ability to create the full range of lifelike performances from the subtle to the dramatic and powerful. Demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
• Experience animating both male and female bipedal characters that showcases both acting/pathos and action performances.
• Experience in animating creatures and mechanical (machinery) animation.
• Experience with facial animation and lip-synch.
• Experience with motion capture pipelines and data adjustment in a game environment.
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
• Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
This Job is no longer active!