3D Depth Artist
About Stereo D
D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical
content into stereoscopic 3D imagery. Formed in 2009 and acquired by
Services Group Inc. in 2011, the company works with major motion
picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to
bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has
completed work for such films as TITANIC in 3D, THE AVENGERS,
AVATAR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and JACKASS 3D. The company also provides
end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television
productions and commercials.
D is a business run by filmmakers, valuing artistic excellence and
speaking the language of film. Our production teams and artists are
among the best in
the business, driven by an innate passion for all things film. Our
unique artist-centric environment enables our people the creative
freedom to conceptually support the creative visions of directors,
delivering the finest, most dynamic 3D imagery in entertainment.
About this position:
a company focused on stereoscopic conversion, the 3D Depth Artist is at
the center of it all. Working with a team, including a lead artist and
supervisors, the Depth
Artist must creatively interpret and apply stereo concepts. We’re
looking for individuals with a good “stereo eye,” a strong understanding
of 3-dimensional space (be it from previous stereo experience or from
an artistic background), a working knowledge of
Nuke, and a healthy dose of team spirit. Taking direction/critiques,
interpreting notes and learning/applying new skills are key parts of
everyday life in our studio.
Requirements & Preferences:
- US Work Authorization – Required –
All applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge and Experience with Nuke – Required
- Knowledge and Experience with Windows (PC) Production Environment – Required
- Knowledge of Practical Filmmaking Techniques – Required
- Excellent Artistic Ability/Aptitude – Required
- Knowledge of Stereo-related Terminology – Preferred (but we’ll teach you OUR lingo!)
- Previous Professional Experience in Stereoscopy or VFX – Preferred
- Accredited Post-Secondary Degree or Related Coursework – Preferred
We’re looking for the best in the business. If this sounds like you, please apply!
This opportunity is for our studio location in Burbank, CA – in the heart of the entertainment industry!
This Job is no longer active!