Academic Department Chair, Media Arts & Animation
Key Job Elements:
- Provide academic leadership and select, train, develop, manage, and lead faculty and staff team members according to the guidelines provided by the Campus Head of Academic Affairs.
- Provide support to college and community relations activities while planning and implementing a budget including personnel requirements, program expenses, and capital needs.
- Support college programs designed to achieve student completion rates as outlined in the five year strategic plan.
- Collaborate with other Academic Department Directors within own school and across schools: scheduling, sharing faculty, and other.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Campus Head of Academic Affairs.
- Master's degree with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience. Advanced certifications or credits towards further study are highly preferred.
- Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry and/or Academic Affairs.
- Fiscal and personnel management experience.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
This Job is no longer active!