CG Modeler (Ent)
LAIKA/Entertainment is seeking a CG Modeler to join our studio for our next stop-motion animated feature film.
A CG Modeler creates character, prop and set models that support the artistic goals and story concepts of the production.
• Create and maintain 3D models of characters, props and sets for use in production.
• Work with Director, Art direction and director of CG to help realize the aesthetic vision of the production.
• Work to ensure all deliverables meet the needs of all receiving departments.
• Help develop or conceptualize new tools and techniques to improve the modeling process.
• Meet deadlines as established by Production Management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Commercial Arts, Computer Science, Animation or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience.
• 3+ years of feature film (CG and/or Visual Effects) or relevant industry experience.
• Understanding and experience in the creation and use of geometry assets in a production setting.
• Demonstrated ability using Maya for the creation of both hard surface and organic models.
• Knowledge of polygonal, nurb and subdivision surface types.
• Life drawing and sculpting experience, a plus.
• Experience with Houdini, Mudbox, ZBrush, Photoshop, 3D Studio Max and/or Softimage a plus.
• Familiarity with scripting in Python, MEL or HScript a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This Job is no longer active!