Sr. FX Artist
Spark is looking for an FX artist to design cutting edge content for Lost Planet 3 currently in development for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC markets. The artist should have a thorough knowledge of the creation of effects within a game environment. The ideal candidate is both an outstanding artist and technically proficient in generating game-useable material. Prior working knowledge of Unreal’s Cascade system is highly desirable. Come join the LP3 team!
• Create impressive in game effects utilizing 3D, 2D, and compositing skills in the Unreal Engine 3.
• Work with the project leads to shape the look and feel of the project
• Work with the team to create effects for all departments
• Implement effects into the game.
• Build efficient particle systems to work within the boundaries of the engine
• Comprehensive knowledge of effects and particle systems as demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
• Passion for video games and broad knowledge of titles and industry standards.
• Ability to paint their own texture maps.
• Previous animation experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of shaders.
• Shipped at least two games in the past five years as a full time FX artist.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
• Ability to provide realistic estimates to perform tasks.
• Be proactive at fixing issues that are discovered.
• Excellent communication skills are a must.
This Job is no longer active!