Senior Environment Artist
Spark is looking for energized senior artists to create exciting and compelling environments for a 3rd Person Action/Adventure title in a high-profile science fiction franchise currently in production for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC markets.
Quality is more important than quantity! This person will be responsible for creating the look and feel of this title. They will oversee their level production and work on key hero meshes. If you are sick and tired of just working on crates and barrels and want to create and shape the whole game, then this is the job for you!
• Create the look and feel of the game while setting the standard of quality for all assets.
• Lead a level team of artists in creating and maintaining visually stunning 3D game environments.
• Layout, light, and set dress levels.
• Work with Designers on creating a fun gameplay space.
• Mentor and lead other artists.
• Create high resolution models for in-game assets.
• Optimize levels for performance.
• Work within the technical and memory constraints of a game.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Unreal 3, lighting, level building, and shader creation
• Strong understanding of form and composition, color and lighting.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, and Z-brush or Mudbox.
• Shipped at least two games in the past five years as a full time character or environment artist.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to take and give critiques
• Ability to collaborate effectively with designers and programmers.
• Solution oriented and proactive
• Expert modeling, texturing, and UV mapping ability.
• Proven ability to work within the technical and memory constraints of a game.
• Easily forecast the amount of time a common task will take to complete and consistently meet your own forecasted deadlines.
This Job is no longer active!