Environment Texture Artist
· Develop textures for in-game environments including color maps, normal maps, speck masks, height maps, AO maps, detail maps and transparency maps
· Work with the graphics programmers to support the development of new shaders and looks
· Follow the established style set forward by the provided concept art and maintain visual consistency
· Collaborate with the tools team in order to communicate needs, generate tool requests and initiate support designed to facilitate the artists’ workflow
· Create simple as well as complex shaders
· Collaborate with 3D modelers and game designers to create levels
· UV map textures to polygonal surfaces
· Great traditional drawing/painting skills
· A strong understanding of UV layout and texturing for games
· Proficient at texturing surface details and material effects on a wide variety of subject matter.
* Excellent eye for filling in missing detail from concept art, and extracting key features from real world reference.
* Comfortable with minimal direction and be flexible with realistic rendering styles.
* Experience with shader networks
* Strong Maya skills
* Ability to sculpt and paint highly detailed 3D and 2D images
* Ability to troubleshoot and adapt to new technologies/software quickly
* Obsessive attention to detail
This Job is no longer active!