Game Economy Designer
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and console, is seeking a Game Economy Designer to join our Toronto Studio.
Qualified candidates will link up with imaginative design teams to create hot new game titles, fulfilling a wide range of genres from hardcore action to casual simulation and Freemium games. Previous hit games include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta, Zombie Infection, Modern Combat 3, Let’s Golf! 3, Order & Chaos, Dungeon Hunter, N.O.V.A., Green Farm, 9mm, Spiderman Toxic city, NFL 2010, Derek Jeter Pro Baseball 2009, Real Soccer 2009, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, LOST, Brain Challenge, Asphalt: Street Rules, and Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood 3D.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
As a Game Economy Designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it. You will be identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context and providing constant data-driven recommendation on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance.
To do this, pre-release, you’re able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics which allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title and work closely with the development team to see those designs refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
Day-to-day duties include:
• Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics.
• Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
• Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle and their streams of availability.
• Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points.
• Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release.
• Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly.
• Previous experience as Game Designer, Social Designer or Gambling Designer
• Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction.
• Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills.
• Mastery of Excel.
• Advanced understanding of SQL.
• Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones.
• Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
This Job is no longer active!