Senior Social Game Designer
Are you interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Do you want to work for a world-class company in a fun, rewarding environment in Toronto? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles, is seeking a Senior Social Game Designer to join our Toronto Studio. Qualified candidates will link up with imaginative design teams to create hot new game titles, fulfilling a wide range of genres from hardcore action to casual simulation and Freemium games. Previous hit games include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta, Zombie Infection, Modern Combat 3, Let’s Golf! 3, Order & Chaos, Dungeon Hunter, N.O.V.A., Green Farm, 9mm, Spiderman Toxic city, NFL 2010, Derek Jeter Pro Baseball 2009, Real Soccer 2009, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, LOST, Brain Challenge, Asphalt: Street Rules, and Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood 3D.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
A Senior Social Game Designer brings expertise and creativity to the challenges, production and accessibility of a game, while working closely with the Creative Director, Artists and Developers.
• Conceptualization and in-depth development of the game
• Assist the Creative Director in supervising multiple social games
• Documentation, script writer, level-design, level-scripting, data entry, game balancing, social features, reward structure, accessibility, viral aspects, monetization
• Creating a game that is appealing, immersive and meets players’ expectations while respecting the technical capabilities of the platform
• Maintain a strong communication with the different department leads (Producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors);
• Keep updated all documents of the project and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game for an overall quality;
• Benchmarking: documenting and analyzing the competition
• Explore new game ideas. Research and development, participate to market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas
• Passion for video games! Handheld games and social games are a must
• Must have at least three years of experience working on social games
• Desire and aptitude to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing, fast-paced creative environment
• Able to work under pressure and open to come do occasional over-time
• Able to convey ideas concisely and analyze them in detail
• Able to communicate easily in a visual manner
• Able to listen to comments from other team members and take them into account while being able to criticize your own work to improve its quality
• Open-spirit and love team-working
• Have a strong imagination!
This Job is no longer active!