DHX Media is recognized worldwide for our diverse original properties and our work on some of the top brands in children’s entertainment. But we create more than just animation. We build worlds and experiences across all platforms from TV and games to online and mobile. Our staff dig into a wide variety of projects, from action to comedy and preschool to tween, and they get to enjoy awesome benefits and company events while they’re at it. With some of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers on our team, our studios are bursting with creative energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
About the Position
DHX Studios – Vancouver is looking for Riggers for an upcoming 3D production! As a Rigger, your primary responsibility is to create highly versatile character rigging systems and animation interfaces. The rigs will be used for the animation of 3D characters and props.
- Rig 3D assets (characters, props, sets, etc.) to achieve the intended animation performance
- Use skinning and other deformers to achieve the intended performance in an efficient manner
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve rigs in production, while ensuring their stability for the animation team
- Collaborate closely with design, modelling and shading to best achieve the intended animation performance requirements
- Evaluate, research and recommend techniques and ideas to improve production
- Keep current on rigging techniques and technology
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team
- Communicate with modelling supervisor and team leads on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- Additional responsibilities as required
- 2+ years of experience in television or relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in Maya is a must
- Good understanding of rigging and deformation techniques
- Good understanding of animation process and needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and technical skills relating to character rigging and animation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge in Python or MEL is a benefit
- Knowledge in nCloth, nHair, xGen or other simulation systems is a benefit
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Ability to adapt to multiple show styles
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
This Job is no longer active!