Render Wrangler - VFX
Picture Shop in
Burbank, CA is seeking an experienced VFX Render for upcoming projects.
Experience in Broadcast Episodic TV & Film a bonus.
· Monitor render farm and keep it running at maximum capacity
· Manage jobs on Deadline:
- Check rendered frames
- Track completed jobs
- Troubleshoot stalled jobs
- Report failed jobs to project
· Monitor rendering priorities, blocking and unblocking jobs and
allocating rendering resources when necessary
· Monitor and manage disk space on servers
· Record information accurately and produce reports
· Provide render farm support after hours and weekends as required
· Education in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
engineering strongly preferred
· Understanding of the visual effects production process
· Experience with Nuke, Max, Maya, and/or Fume
· Familiar with Python scripting and/or Shotgun production
tracking software a plus
· Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
· Works well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
· Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends,
evenings or graveyard shifts when production schedules require?
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Applicants must be based in Burbank/Los Angeles
area, and eligible for work in the U.S.
Staff & Freelance positions available with
potential for competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision,
Start dates now and in the new year, dependent upon
projects. Pay DOE.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, reel, and
Please note, due to a high volume of
applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.
Shop is a state-of-the-art visual post house, offering complete and integrated
services to both the feature and television communities. Founded by industry
veteran Bill Romeo, Picture Shop operates from the belief that no job is too
big or too small for our dedicated team of production artists. From dailies and
VFX, color and editing, we deliver exceptional attention to client needs in a
modern, collaborative atmosphere. Our 36,000 square foot facility is equipped
with the latest technology, housing eight color bays, four edit bays, three
flame rooms and resources for up to 100 VFX artists.