Senior Rigging Developer/TD
Purpose of the job:
We are currently looking for a Senior Sr. Rigging Developer/TD with strong programming skills to work
alongside our talented crew of riggers at Digital Domain. Assignments will include designing and maintaining
our character rigging pipeline technology. This includes procedural rigging workflows, facial rigging pipeline
as well creature deformations.
The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of character
design, animation, rigging, tool development, and production workflow. This position requires 5-10
continuous years of production rigging/development experience and reports to the facility's Rigging
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Utilize and extend DD's existing Python-based rigging tools. Develop utilities to optimize department
- Develop and maintain facial rigs using a combination of proprietary and 3rd party toolsets
- Assist in the design and maintenance of the studio’s rigging pipeline.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Degree in computer science, art, animation, engineering, or equivalent experience that would equal
that level of professionalism, problem solving and analytical skills
- 5-10 years experience with production-level character rigging, scripting and tool development
- Strong knowledge of Maya’s rigging toolset, Python, QT, Maya API, C/C++
- Strong comprehension of anatomy and articulation (human and creature mechanics)
- Keen artistic eye to drive the look of realistic and appealing surface deformations
- Passion for creating convincing digital characters a must!
- Office working environment
- Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending
This Job is no longer active!