CoSA VFX Vancouver is looking for a Senior Matte Painter for a long term position at its BC studio at Suite 202 – 333 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC. We are continuing to grow and working on projects such as Gotham, Lucifer, Lethal Weapon and more, with exciting new projects starting in early 2017.
Our artists finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences. We implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf and custom tools, and interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result.
In simpler turns, we work smart and fast in a small, friendly environment. We are dog friendly, have a large patio and monthly socials.
The Senior Matte Painter is responsible for concept and creation of detailed matte paintings, as well as supervising and mentoring other matte painters in the department, in cooperation with the Art Director in the LA studio. You'll be creating photo-real environments, set-extensions, textures and backgrounds; enhancing or altering lighting, perspective and colour as needed for integration and mood.
- Expert and up-to-date knowledge of Photoshop and DMP layer processes in compositing
- Savvy in basic modeling and projection techniques
- Experience with 2D and 3D workflows.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ability to be engaged with multiple projects at the same time.
- Tangible evidence of experience working in photo-real VFX for TV and/or motion pictures (demo reel) plus your resume showing work experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures. TV experience is recommended.
- Recommended to have post-secondary education in visual effects, film, graphic design, animation, fine arts or related skills.
- Knowledge of 3D software (Maya, Modo, Zbrush) and Nuke a big plus
The fine print:
We need to see tangible evidence of experience working in photoreal VFX for episodic television and motion pictures (demo reel) plus evidence of working experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures. Recommended to have post-secondary education in visual effects, film, graphic design, animation, fine arts or related skills.
Preferably, applicants are already based in Vancouver (BC Resident in 2016 or permitted through 2017 preferred), and already eligible to work in Canada. We will do LMIAs for longer term positions, determined on a case-by-case basis. Wages range based on experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your reel when you apply. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also include your availability and current status in Canada in the body of your cover letter.
We look forward to meeting you!