Lead UI Artist
Crystal Dynamics, creator of the Tomb Raider series, is seeking top talent to join our AAA studio. We are famous for iconic characters and legendary franchises, and we're passionate about creating an exciting player experiences. Be a part of our studio at an exciting time in its history!
We’re searching for a passionate and experienced UI/UX Lead with a strong graphic design background and a love for games. Ideally, the top candidate can create art concepts, based on general art direction, communicate both with the directors and with the team to make the user experience intuitive and useful.
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.
- Ideal candidate will have 8 years UI design experience
- Has shipped elite-level AAA console games
- Able to turn a designer’s written documentation into wireframes (gray box interface)
- Able to manage the UI/UX process from design doc to wireframes to art concept to implementation
- Able to see user flow challenges and take the lead on solving UI problems
- Develop art concepts for UI and explaining reasoning behind design solutions
- Have a passion and understanding of game interfaces and be able to reference UI/UX in other games or film.
- Have a strong understanding of purpose of UI in the player’s experience
- Solid graphic design background w/knowledge of type, color, layout, motion
- User Interface Design in 2D and 3D environments
- Able to create tasks or delegate assigned tasks to team
- Able to work and communicate with remote teams
- Able to create static and animated art UI concepts
- Able to see a task through to completion
- Able to shift on tasks for 1-3 projects over the same period
- Able to assist in setting priorities
- Able to communicate to producers when priorities conflict
- Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Illustrator
- Experience in 3D application
This Job is no longer active!