After “Mune, The Moon Guardian”, “Astérix : le domaine des Dieux”, “The Little Prince” and "Captain Underpants", Mikros Image Canada is now working on “Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero” a new animation film in collaboration with Fun Academy.
Mikros Canada is looking for 3D Character Animators with experience and knowledge of the principles of character animation to join our growing team to create stylised performance.
It’s a fast-paced environment and the studio is committed to creating high-quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well under the supervision Animation Director and the lead while respecting the vision of the director and the style of the film.
Your primary responsibility will be the animation of all assigned characters and props. We are looking for artists with a strong sense of design in their poses and an aptitude for facial animation and lip sync while maintaining strong fundamentals in weight and body mechanics.
• Work with the storyboard/animatic/layout and create feature level, key-framed animation;
• Working in continuity with shot before and after;
• Work with animation quotas given by the production;
• Work closely with animation leads and director and be able to translate their thought into your work;
• Prepare elements for presentation in dailies and walk around for approval;
• College diploma or equivalent in 3D computer graphics/3D animation;
• More than (5-7) years of work experience in 3D animation using MAYA in a film production/animated TV series;
• A strong background in feature CG character animation a plus;
• Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools;
• Ability to understand and interpret effectively a storyboard and the Director’s feedback;
• Strong understanding of the principles of animation as well posing, timing, weight and facial expressions;
• Quadruped animation’s experience recommended;
• Comfortable with filming reference footage and using the reference footage;
• Ability to work well in a team and excellent communication skills;
• Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident in Canada and be available to work in Montreal, Quebec.
If you are interested in this position or you would like to recommend a candidate, please send your resume by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the selected candidate will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references. Mikros Image Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Title: Senior and Mid 3D Animators
Status: Contractual / full time
Annual salary: To be discussed