Look Development Software Engineer
Pixar’s Software R&D team is responsible for developing Pixar’s in-house proprietary animation software. The Look Dev Team is hiring a software engineer who are committed to creating world-class production tools. This position is responsible for helping create and maintain new software for the studio.
The position requires a deep understanding of software application engineering, an ability to collaborate in a large cross-functional team of world-class developers, and skill in designing and implementing robust, easy to maintain code.
• Develop, implement, test and support graphics software in a Linux environment
• Collaborate effectively with a team of engineers, QA, Build, UI, Doc and Project Management
• Quickly respond and proactively investigate requests coming from artists
• Collaborate on Open Source initiatives like OpenSubdiv and USD
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- C++ and Python mastery
- Understanding of computer graphics problems and techniques
- Knowledge of modern rendering architectures, CPU and GPU based
- Experience with GUI design and programming
- Strong software engineering and testing skills
- Strong problem solving skills with high attention to detail and quality
- Experience with UNIX / Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work with both technical and non-technical software users
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Math
- Experience with Cuda
- Experience with OpenSubdiv, USD and open source development
- Experience with 3D applications and their APIs (e.g., Maya, Houdini, Katana, Unreal Engine, Unity)
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. | Follow us on Twitter @PixarRecruiting.