POSITION: 3D Technical Director - Character Animator
Rhythm and Hues is looking to add a freelance Character
animator to our team for an upcoming season of a high
profile television series. Character Animators are responsible for
animation and choreography for props and characters.
· Work primarily with animation directors to
create convincing performances and motion of all types and styles.
· Use and understand 3D animation and deformation tools.
· Provide input regarding tools and interfaces to improve throughput.
· Demo reel demonstrating mastery of the fundamental mechanics of animation and outstanding acting skills.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Must have minimum of a Bachelors degree in Art, Character Animation, Computer Science, Computer Animation,
Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent.
· Ability to perform visual and analytical problem solving in 3-dimensional space, including the ability to
accurately interpret 3D layouts and analyze 3D form.
· Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks.
· Two years experience with a high-end animation system such as Alias, Maya, and/or Softimage.
· One year experience with animation set-up including inverse kinematics techniques.
· UNIX skills.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. Due to the large number of
resumes we will only be able to respond to those that fit within our