CoSA VFX Vancouver is looking for Junior and Senior FX Artists for long term positions at its BC studio at Suite 202 – 333 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC. We are continuing to grow and working on projects such as Gotham, Lucifer, Lethal Weapon and more, with exciting new projects starting in early 2017.
Our artists finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences. We implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf and custom tools, and interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result.
In simpler turns, we work smart and fast in a small, friendly environment. We are dog friendly, have a large patio and monthly socials.
• 2+ years experience in creating visual effects using Houdini software for broadcast television and/or feature films.
• Experience in creating some or all of the following:
-Rigid and dynamic effects like splash, waves, fire, smoke, destruction, explosions, mist, dust or similar.
-Volume modeling and rendering
• Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to effects.
• Working knowledge of professional software packages such as Maya and rendering techniques/software.
• Able to solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, share ideas with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes.
• Scripting in Python, CG Pipeline Development
The fine print:
We need to see tangible evidence of experience working in photoreal VFX for episodic television and motion pictures (demo reel) plus evidence of working experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures. Recommended to have post-secondary education in visual effects, film, graphic design, animation, fine arts or related skills.
Preferably, applicants are already based in Vancouver (BC Resident in 2016 or permitted through 2017 preferred), and already eligible to work in Canada. We will do LMIAs for longer term positions, determined on a case-by-case basis. Wages range based on experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your reel when you apply. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also include your availability and current status in Canada in the body of your cover letter.
We look forward to meeting you!