Motion Story Artist
The cinematics department is focused on creating industry-leading cinematic content to support all of Blizzard's titles. We’re looking for a 2.5D graphics artist to be dedicated to various projects throughout the cinematics and creative development departments. This person must have strong Maya, Photoshop and Nuke experience, outstanding communications skills, and be highly organized. They must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects with tight deadlines. This person will be responsible for using existing art assets to create inspired animated 2 ½ D graphics, motion graphics, simple animations, and transition effects. This person will be working closely with a small team; a director, a producer, and various cinematic artists to develop and execute a high volume of exciting new content. To apply, please submit a PDF of a resume, cover letter, a URL of your reel/portfolio.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
They must be able to operate with varying degrees of supervision, taking ownership when needed while remaining flexible to collaboration and iteration. They must also be able to organize and optimize comps to streamline render times, generate necessary types of footage for editorial, interpret, and execute notes with minimal follow up, all while maintaining strong communication with the rest of the cinematics department.
- Strong knowledge of Maya, including modeling, rigging, animation, simulation
- Strong knowledge of compositing software packages, preferably Nuke
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent sense of timing and camera composition
- Critical eye for color, art, and animation
- Able to iterate quickly and openly
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and different work methodologies
- Highly self-motivated with excellent communications skills
- Able to work well under tight deadlines and quick project turnover
- Able to work closely with multiple directors, producers, editors and other team members
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Working knowledge of After Effects
- Knowledge of and passion for Blizzard’s game worlds and the stories told within them
- Knowledge and experience using camera capture systems, camera projection and rendering techniques
- Experience with Color Correction software packages and color standards