Rising Sun Pictures is currently looking for a Senior Developer to join our growing crew, to work on some highly anticipated feature films.
Employment period: This is a long-term position with a potential start early 2017.
Location: Adelaide, Australia. This position is open to Australian and international applicants. Visa and relocation assistance provided where applicable.
Calling all Senior Developers who are looking to work in a cutting edge industry with a flux environment! Working with an extremely talented team of programmers and developers, as Senior Developer your role will be to work on complex development projects. Creating internal systems, and pipelines, you'll be making things work for visual effects artists in a high end feature film environment. VFX experience not necessary.
RSP works predominately in a Linux environment, with many different software applications such as Shotgun, 3dEqualizer, Maya, Houdini, Mari, Nuke and Photoshop. Your ability to write code in Python is excellent and as a people person, you are available to help solve technical problems that may impede artistic progress.
Required Skills and Experience
- Work directly with Production Technology to create internal systems, and contribute to the Pipeline Structure.
- Develop and maintain standard facility tools and workflows for use throughout the facility, but flexible enough to adapt to specific project needs.
- Create robust general purpose tools from artist prototypes that can be used in multiple situations.
- Assist artists in resolving technical problems.
- All senior staff at RSP are expected to lead by example through mentoring and developing less experienced team members. Knowledge sharing is expected in this senior role.
- Promote a collaborative and enjoyable workplace, influencing morale, fostering purposeful discussion and positive work ethic.
- Minimum 5+ years experience working in Software Development.
- Confident with programming tools such as compilers, debuggers, and version control systems.
- Expert level knowledge of writing code in Python, plus other programming languages such as C++, and Mel.
- Experience using unix based operating systems such as Linux and OS X.
- Familiar with software applications such as Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Mari and 3dequalizer a plus, but not necessary.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a service oriented mindset.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a deadline focused work environment.
- Visual Effects, Fine Art, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics or related tertiary qualification may be required for international applicants.
To apply, please use the apply button. Please state your availability and country of passport so we can assess your right to work in Australia and visa options.