Creature TD / Rigger
Rising Sun Pictures is currently seeking an established character & prop Creature TD / Rigger for photo-realistic feature film work.
Employment periods: This is a long term position with an immediate start.
Location: Adelaide, Australia. This position is open to Australian and international applicants. Visa and relocation assistance provided where applicable.
Working within RSP's creature pipeline and using established rigging tools, the successful applicant will be required to create rigs for organic and hard surface models, including biped and quadruped creatures. Your previous experience creating straightforward, intuitive rigs for live action work allows animators to create realistic movement and performance.
As an accomplished and professional Creature TD / Rigger, you will have achieved success while working at a number of high profile VFX studios. While you will likely be familiar with a variety of rigging pipeline and tools, we expect you to add value to our pipeline, and not reinvent the wheel.
Demonstrated experience with Maya is a fundamental pre-requisite for the successful applicant.
The strength of your creative eye, excellent communication & collaboration, together with strong technical and programming background is essential.
Required Skills and Experience
- Work closely with modellers and animators to define the purpose and use of the rig.
- Ensure rigging controls are fully adjustable as per feedback, being mindful of model parameters and limitations.
- Ability to deliver dynamic character solutions for a full range of CG shots plus live action footage augmentation & transitions.
- Create adjustable, anatomically correct human and facial rigs with intuitive animation controls, to tight delivery and quality standards.
- Ensure muscle systems deform the model cleanly and accurately.
- Demonstrate rigging progress through the regular submission of work-in-progress and daily updates.
- Complete basic modelling & animation tasks as required, to achieve and rigging objectives.
- Clearly communicate with production any delays or obstacles that may impact your delivery.
- Provide thorough QA and sanity checks of rigs before handover to your internal client.
- Minimum 5-years high-end rigging experience using native, commercial and self developed rigging tools within Maya.
- Strong experience scripting in python.
- Thorough understanding of anatomical features, subtleties, quirks and limitations.
- Real world understanding of proportion, depth, scale, and physical space.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a deadline focused work environment.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.
- Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics or related tertiary qualification may be required for international applicants as per visa requirements.
To apply, please use the apply button. Please state your availability and country of passport so we can assess your right to work in Australia and visa options.