Character Outsource Artist - LA
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Character Outsource Artist with a passion for their craft to help fill a persistent universe with characters and alien life forms.
We are looking for an artist with excellent core modelling and texturing skills and a sound understanding of human anatomy and costume creation. You will be part of the process create a strong and efficient outsourcing pipeline for the character team. You will need to have good communication skills to communicate with outsource vendors as well as our cross studio development.
• Review, provide feedback, and approve the technical and artistic quality of assets from external vendor
• Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready
• Work with the Character Lead, TD, Production Team on the character outsourcing needs and outsourcing pipeline development
• Continuously push for the most efficient outsourcing
• Produce character art assets and content integration in a supportive capacity
• Creating highpoly and lowpoly models of characters following concept art or art direction
• Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains
• Photorealistic texturing of characters
• 3+ years game industry experience
• Organized tracking and feedback of outsourced work
• Good judgment of visual quality of character art and limitations to provide most effective feedback and guidelines to external vendors
• Previous outsource integration/review experience desired
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with tracking assets or using Shotgun or other asset tracking package
• Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, and Photoshop.
• Experience with modern game engines and asset integration pipelines.
• Shipped AAA PC or console title as an environment, character, or technical artist.
• Knowledge with CryENGINE/Lumberyard
• Knowledge of additional software such as Marvellous Designer, Quixel suite, Substance Painter
• Scripting ability in either Max script or Python
• Traditional life drawing with numerous life drawing examples in the portfolio